A Spelling Test and a general test were scored together. I missed 1 of the 60 questions. The test was multiple choice on one of those old "Scantron" cards. I haven't touched one of those in years.
The class had to watch this AWFUL video of how to be a professional in today's medical world. So much emphasis was put on not using your cell phone at work. There were some fairly silly examples of behavior - hitting on patients - gossiping about them in the hall, etc. All seemed fairly straightforward.
I'm getting to know some of the students and some are fascinating and very nice. One is a young woman who calls herself a 'Candy Girl'. I had to look it up. She's a hard core raver. We talked about Seattle's rave culture and the drugs involved. Apparently here they use some form of Meth mixed with Ecstasy. She explained quite a bit to me, including the fact that she's already buried 2 friends from drugs used. We talked generally about drug use and she doesn't use now. I talked to her about my experiences at a young age with drugs and how happy I was that meth wasn't a huge thing back then.
It was a good week.

No comments:
Post a Comment